Manager Integration Platform team
Dirac Research, one of Sweden’s emerging tech powerhouses, is a world-renowned audio technology company that is dedicated to inventing the future of sound across all product categories. The company’s market-leading digital audio optimization solutions have been adopted by some of the world’s most respected manufacturers – including Harman, Huawei, OPPO, Xiaomi, OnePlus, Pioneer, Volvo, Rolls Royce, and many others. Dirac is headquartered in Uppsala, Sweden, with offices in Shanghai, Shenzhen and Beijing as well as representatives in Japan, USA, Korea and Germany. Additionally, Dirac now operates an R&D center in Copenhagen, Denmark. Undergoing an intense growth phase, the Dirac team consists of more than 90 people – with additional expansion on the immediate horizon.
Audio performance is becoming increasingly prominent in consumer devices, and increasingly defined by software rather than hardware. Dirac´s mission is to be the world’s leading provider of complete digital audio optimization solutions and become a global consumer brand and a quality seal for sound systems of every kind. At Dirac you will be working with state-of-the art audio technologies in a dynamic and international environment.
We are looking for an experienced and proven manager to lead the Integration platform team.
The team is dedicated to developing and maintaining our Integration platform, the central platform of Dirac’s Intelligent Audio system that integrates Dirac’s audio technology in a number of different end user systems – mobile phones, laptops, headphones, Bluetooth speakers, AVRs, cars, gaming engines and more.
The position is located in Uppsala or Copenhagen. As part of the team, you will play a key role in enabling rapid and repeatable integration of Dirac’s audio solutions in a large number of existing and future different hardware and software environments. The Integration Platform team is central in our efforts to, in a scalable way, seize opportunities in the ongoing rapid growth of advanced, premium and pervasive audio solutions. Team members are today located in Uppsala, but in the future likely in both Copenhagen and Shanghai as well. The team is characterized by a very high level of professional competences and experience, mutual respect, and an open and innovative work environment.
The job involves leading an engineering team of around 5-10 direct reports, dedicated to developing and maintaining our integration platform. In close collaboration with Dirac algorithm research teams and other parts of Dirac product development, the responsibility includes bringing the functionality to product development robustness, while designing the platform architecture and associated processes explicitly for quality, modularity, maintainability, portability, scalability, testability and configurability.
You will have full responsibility for the team’s setup and professional development, including HR and budget responsibility, and lead the effort to deliver quality software on time. You will be expected to contribute to continuous improvement work for the whole Product Development department and be the first point of contact and representative for your team.
The right candidate must have demonstrated ability to lead the team, and enable the right balance between performance, implementation complexity, architecture flexibility, as well as development efficiency and product quality. In bringing these areas together, automation is key.
As an experienced leader with expert knowledge of creating hardware agnostic, robust and scalable integration platforms, you have a proven track-record in bringing your technical and management qualifications to high performing teams.
You have a relevant university degree and at least 5 years of related progressive leadership experience and accountability in a technology driven engineering environment, in a global context. At least 10 years of software platform or integration SW engineering experience.
Preferred candidates have:
· Significant programming experience in operating system’s audio integration development on multiple OS environments such as Android, iOS, Windows, Linux etc.
· Experience from platform building, where a common code base can be easily deployed to multiple runtime environments
· Experience from implementing and using TDD, unit testing, continuous integration, automated testing, code review, pair programming and other XP practices.
· Experience of agile development such as Scrum and Kanban, preferably in a scaled context.
· Experience from managing and negotiating with outside software suppliers.
· Business acumen, to allow to gauge not just what can be done but to know what can be profitable.
· Knowledge of key operational drivers in manufacturing environments and ability to understand impact of Dirac’s platform and product roadmap to our customers manufacturing strategy.
· Ability to build and organize a team, for both high impact and efficiency. Includes all line management and talent development responsibilities.
· A lead-by-example approach, as an inspiring engineering leader in Dirac’s implementation of our platform strategy. Must combine a solid technical foundation with forward-looking product development and deployment strategies.
· Excellent communication skills, to communicate equally effectively inside and outside the organization, including with customers and other stakeholders. Fluency in spoken and written English.
· Ability to effectively build relationships and influence and motivate internal and external constituents. Be comfortable and adaptable in a dynamic, changing environment.
· Strong drive, and the persistence to stay on top of things and follow through, even under pressure.
What Dirac Offers You
Dirac is one of Sweden’s hottest and fastest growing young tech companies, with best-in-class technology and a customer-base that includes many of the world’s most reputable brands. Dirac offers a highly-entrepreneurial environment and a team exceptionally passionate about both building a great business and inventing the future of sound.
This is an excellent opportunity for an accomplished professional to be part of a dedicated and highly competent team of peers. With currently 90+ employees, Dirac is at an inflection point in our history, poised for immediate and exponential future growth. Joining the team now, you will have a very important role in shaping our future.
The position is permanent, and to be filled as soon as possible. We will review applications, and perform assessment and interviews, continuously. For more information please contact Mikael Boman, VP Product Development, email@example.com. Submit your application to firstname.lastname@example.org.