Software Test Engineer
Dirac Research specializes in digital sound optimization solutions and its team of engineers and scientists deliver optimized sound solutions for mobile, automotive, residential and commercial environments. Dirac’s digital sound optimization technologies have been adopted by some of the most respected and recognizable electronics manufacturers spanning the globe. Dirac Research maintains its headquarters in Sweden and has representatives in Japan, USA, Korea, Germany and China.
We are looking for a software test engineer to join our team
The initial main responsibilities would be to:
- Use every means possible to find the bugs in the software being developed by your team.
- Write test plans to validate our software’s features.
- Execute test plans to verify all aspects of the product. Identify defects and validate resolution.
- Work as an agile member of a combined development and test team, running in short cycles to develop functional software in quick iterations.
- Work with the developers on your team in creating their plans for automated tests to complement the exploratory testing that you perform. Be the testing expert for your team.
- Develop tests and processes to perform these along with necessary documentation. To communicate the test results to the involved teams and the product owners.
- Programming skills in C++ and/or C is necessary. Skills in Python would be an advantage.
- Experience in automated software testing is necessary.
- Knowledge in audio signal processing is a merit.
- Excellent oral and written English skills are a prerequisite.
- The applicant should have a Bachelor’s degree in Electrical, Electronics, or Software Engineering or similar.
The successful candidate takes initiatives, is thorough and takes the lead to make the tests happen which involves challenging the involved development teams. The candidate is inventive and driven by a curiosity of how to verify the software in the best way and aren’t afraid to speak up if something isn’t working right. You are self-going while having both a good team spirit and good communication skills. We think you will thrive in an environment where you get to influence our products.
The position is permanent with six months initial probationary period. Your work place will be situated in Uppsala, Sweden. The position is to be filled as soon as possible.
Please email your CV and cover letter in English to us: firstname.lastname@example.org