Dirac Research specializes in digital sound optimization solutions and its team of engineers and scientists deliver optimized sound solutions for mobile, automotive, residential and commercial environments. Dirac’s digital sound optimization technologies have been adopted by some of the most respected and recognizable electronics manufacturers spanning the globe. Dirac Research maintains its headquarters in Sweden and has representatives in Japan, USA, Korea, Germany and China.
We are looking for a test engineer to join our team
We expect that you enjoy working with audio signal processing algorithms. You are interested in implementing the algorithms and care a lot about how the algorithms affect the sound quality. The algorithms are written in Matlab and C++ and/or C and the overall work consists of testing both implementations and sound quality of the processed sound.
The initial main responsibilities would be to:
· Develop tests and processes to perform them, along with necessary documentation. To communicate the test results to the involved teams and the product owners.
· “Own” the tools for verification and, if necessary, develop or set up requirements for new tools. Keep tools and methods updated for verification. If necessary, design and build simple test equipment.
· Programming skills in Matlab are necessary; skills in C++ and/or C would be an advantage. Skills in Python would be an advantage.
· Knowledge in audio signal processing is necessary, knowledge in DSP programming would be an advantage.
· Knowledge and experience with loudspeakers and amplifiers are necessary.
· Experience with listening tests is a merit.
· Knowledge in psychoacoustics is a merit.
· Knowledge in electronics is a merit.
· Excellent oral and written English skills are a prerequisite. The applicant should have a master’s degree in engineering or similar.
The successful candidate takes initiatives, is thorough and takes the lead to make the tests happen which involves challenging the involved development teams. The candidate is inventive and driven by a curiosity of how to verify the algorithms in the best way.
The position is permanent with six months initial probationary period. Your work place will be situated in Uppsala, Sweden. The position is to be filled as soon as possible.
Please email your CV and cover letter in English to us: firstname.lastname@example.org