Last updated: June 2, 2016
Welcome to Dirac Research AB and/or its affiliates (“Dirac”). Dirac Research AB (the owner of Dirac.com)
What Personal Information About Customers / Website Visitors Does Dirac.com Gather?
The information we learn from customers / website visitors may help us personalize and continually improve
your experience at Dirac.com. Here are the types of information we may gather.
- Information You Give Us: We receive and may store any information you enter on our website or give us in any other way. You can choose not to provide certain information, but then you might not be able to take advantage of many of our features and/or offerings. We use the information you provide for such purposes as responding to your requests, customizing future orders for you, improving our offerings, and communicating with you.
- Automatic Information: We receive and may store certain types of information whenever you interact with us. For example, like many websites, we may use “cookies,” and we may thereby obtain certain types of information when your web-browser accesses Dirac.com or accesses advertisements and other content served by or on behalf of Dirac.com on other websites. We also may automatically collect information about your computer browser type and operating system, websites you visited before and after visiting our website, standard server log information, Internet Protocol (IP) addresses, GPS location data, mobile phone service provider, and mobile phone operating system. We may aggregate this information to understand how our visitors use our website and mobile applications so we can improve them and the services we offer. GPS location data does not typically identify individual users. We may also share this aggregated information with other companies within the Dirac group and with other third parties. This information may include: the total number of visits to our websites and mobile applications, the number of visitors to each page of our websites and mobile applications, and the domain names of our visitors' internet service providers.
- E-mail Communications: To help us make e-mails more useful and interesting, we may receive a confirmation when you open e-mail from Dirac.com if your computer supports such capabilities. We may also compare our customer list to lists received from other companies, in an effort to avoid sending unnecessary messages to our customers. If you do not want to receive e-mail, text messages, or other mail from us, please contact us and inform us of your preference. Generally, any such communications will include an un-subscribe option.
- Information from Other Sources: We might receive information about you from other sources and add it to our account information.
Does Dirac.com Share the Information It Receives?
- Third-Party Service Providers: We employ other companies and individuals to perform functions on our behalf. Examples may include fulfilling orders, sending postal mail and e-mail, removing repetitive information from customer lists, analyzing data, providing marketing assistance, providing search results and links (including paid listings and links), processing credit card payments, securing payments, and providing customer service and support. They have access to personal information needed to perform their functions, but may not use it for other purposes.
- Promotional Offers: We may send offers to selected groups of Dirac.com customers or website visitors on behalf of other businesses or have such other businesses do so directly but, with this said, such other businesses shall solely be affiliates or business partners of Dirac. Otherwise, we do not give any business your name and address or other contact details. If you do not want to receive such offers, please notify Dirac or opt out of such communications directly.
- Credit Card or Other Forms of Payment: To the extent you make any purchase using a credit card, paypal or any other online payment solution, Dirac may securely share your credit card information with third parties as necessary for standard payment processing. Further, to the extent any recurring or further fees shall be subsequently applied in connection with any purchase, such subsequent payments shall be applied to the same payment method (e.g. credit card, paypal, etc.) that was used for the immediately preceding applied charges—unless you have informed Dirac otherwise, in writing, or via the Dirac.com website
What About Third-Party Advertisers and Links to Other Websites?
Our site may include third-party advertising and links to other websites. We do not provide any personally identifiable customer information to these advertisers or third-party websites unless such third parties are affiliates or business partners of Dirac.
What Choices Do I Have?
- As discussed above, you can always choose not to provide information, even though it might be needed to make a purchase or to take advantage of Dirac.com features and or offerings.
- You can add or update certain information by contacting Dirac.com. When you update information, we may keep a copy of the prior version for our records.
- The Help portion of the toolbar on most browsers will tell you how to prevent your browser from accepting new cookies or how to have the browser notify you when you receive a new cookie. Additionally, you may be able to disable or delete similar data used by browser add-ons, such as Flash cookies, by changing the add-on’s settings or visiting the website of its manufacturer.
Conditions of Use, Notices, and Revisions
Dirac Research AB
753 20 Uppsala,
To contact us, see our contact information at Dirac.com.